Monday, January 18, 2010

Old Vacuums Anyone Have Tips For Using A REALLY Old Rainbow Vacuum System?

Anyone have tips for using a REALLY old Rainbow Vacuum system? - old vacuums

I "inherited" a system of Rainbow Vac my grandmother, and she has bought in the fifties! I had to clean and repair by a technician, and I did it a few times on my carpet vacuum. The instructions say anything about how to add fragrance to the pool water, but I wonder whether it would be a good idea to add vinegar to the water? Vinegar is a great deodorant, right, but it could hurt the components? Any general tips on using your old system would be much appreciated Rainbow Vac. Thank you!

2 comments:

Jeanbug said...

I have an early 70 Vac, Rainbow, and if I remember the old, they have pretty much the same kind of unity ... how empty is that the debris is sucked into the tube and directly discharged into the watershed. The idea was to create a bagless system that does not require a lot of dust. It was a novelty at the time!

I would not like vinegar, because he is a fan from the water chamber, which can be treated with vinegar. I would add the oil of roses or vanilla me, and I think that what she had in mind, is the original manufacturer. Note to feel the air out of the water does not always touch the carpet.

Application:
Would ruin Always use clean water into the suction chamber to dry the machine.
Cleaning of the water chamber after each use.
Run the vacuum for a few minutes (without camera) after each use to the motor and fan dry. Because this was not done, runs the risk of moldy components.
Never store the water in the room, even at night.
Empty the mud on~ Garden somewhere in the toilet because it can cause traffic jams:)

THEMrsMi... said...

Appeal in which he repaired and put this question.

I would be able to say whether damage to the machine or not.

(I doubt it, because they "go green" this time most of us have been, but it is better to ask at a later date .. Attention to say lol)

I would have no way back to them, because I'm sure it was a chance to have set an age requirement.

good cleaning!

Post a Comment